hyve
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early-Game Strategy

5 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Early-Game Strategy Empty Early-Game Strategy

Post by Admin Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:20 pm

Ten characters.

Admin
Admin

https://hyve.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Early-Game Strategy Empty Re: Early-Game Strategy

Post by Thing 2 Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:26 pm

Ok. So here we are. We need:

1 Fake Visionary
1 Fake Empath (wait, does Basic+ have an Empath?)
1 Dude who will look like a NW so that if everybody else dies he can pull it out.
1 Support Zombie to try and keep the rest of us alive.

Or if anybody thinks there's a better way to do things speak up.

I'm going to go ahead and request a fake Visionary PM just so that we have that ready if we need it. Go ahead and post which job you want if you think this is a good strategy or what you think we should do instead if not.

Thing 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jsmkd Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:09 pm

I can fake Empath. I have not done that one before so it could work. Yes we have one in a basic+. If I do I thin kthe best way would be to tell the turth on all if it all of the way thru. that way it cannot come back on me. of crouse that could change as the game gose on. I was thinking the same list that you have up so it sounds good.

Jsmkd

Back to top Go down

Post by Grisamentum Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:35 pm

I can pretend to be the normal warrior. But what distinguishes the NW from the support zombie? Also, there is a symp in this game. Thoughts on how to find him?

Grisamentum

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing 2 Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:24 am

We're acually all going to be pretending to be Normal Warriors, but the #3 is the one tha will do what a NW would probably do regardless of how it impats the team. We may tell you to give it up at some point, but, if all goes as expected (which it won't), you're the fallback. Traditionally we don't try very hard to find the Symp because, ultimately, communicating with the Sympathizer means admitting that you're a Zombie. Every time I'm a Normal Warrior, I ask for a fake Sympathiser PM Day 1 just in case I get the opporunity. We can pull some stuff to try and find the Sympahiser if we want (e.g. faking mouthpiece instead of Visionary and spilling an NW as Visionary sometimes leads to the reveal of the other Visionaries names, and from there we can probably come up with the Sympathiser, but that sacrifices one identity, albeit while, ultimately, gaining one vote. This is risky though, because if we pick the real Visionary he'll be able to ruin us and if the Symp outs to the semi-fake Visionary he gets voted out quickly too.). For now, the plan is to ignore the Sympathizer and let him do what he can (see also: Second Wave Cave).

Thing 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jsmkd Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:46 pm

I believe Dysole may be our symp. Reason being that most of his first posts in games will be advise to the NWs if he is one. He has two posts that say nothing. I do not think this enough to talk to him. But it is worth keeping an eye on.

Jsmkd

Back to top Go down

Post by Grisamentum Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:27 pm

I was unaware that you were allowed to ask to be falsely identified as a Sympathizer if you were a normal warrior (or anyone else for that matter). And sounds good, I'll stick it through and through as a NW unless you instruct me not to. So join the bandwagon on this vote then?

Grisamentum

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing 2 Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:59 pm

I'm not sure which bandwagon you're talking about. But yes, you should join whatever bandwagon you see. You can request any fake role in any position. Umm... let's see. I think I'm going to vote for Leah because she started the current leading vote. Dysole feels pretty town to me right now but he could be Symp if he's actually convinced that I'm an NW (which I doubt). You guys do whatever you can tonight, if I die I die. I'm going to leave for a class in like thirty minutes that doesn't end until 10:30 so I'm going to vote now.

Thing 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Grisamentum Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:09 pm

Okay. I think I'm either voting you or Miti today. We'll see.

Grisamentum

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing 2 Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:09 pm

Just so you guys know:

[QUOTE=Thing 2 in the Hall of Statues]Quick run-down on the numbers then, if nobody dies of inactivity then that means we kill one, then the Zombies kill one, then we kill one, then the Zombies kill one, then we kill one, then the Zombies kill one, then we kill one, then the Zombies kill one, then there are three of us and if we haven't killed a Zombie we lose. That gives us a chance to win, a second chance, a third chance, and a fourth chance. This should be easy. Unless of course there's a Sympathizer, which will give us one fewer chance. Or a Rogue, which, worst case scenario, would give us only two chances (if there's no Sympathizer). A Reliquary, on the other hand, would give us one extra day (if we use both of his abilities properly). A successful Charmed or Beatific will give us a 50-50 chance of winning if we fail all four times. Two would give us a fifth chance.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Thing 2 in The Admiral's an Idiot]There are ten in this cave. Two are MOLES of the Admiral. If we kill a person every day and the MOLES kill one every night, then we have until the third day to kill our first MOLE, and the fourth to kill our second.[/QUOTE]

My behavior so far has been totally normal. Dysole doesn't make that kind of mistake. Either he knows something he's not saying or he's our Symp. Keep an eye out.

Thing 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jsmkd Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:31 am

Thing 2 do you want to fake an empath? You can say you were visioned and cleared. Then not give a name out to people. By the time it is time to vote out empaths we should be good.

Jsmkd

Back to top Go down

Post by Jsmkd Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:38 pm

If you fake empath thing 2 I will fake Visionary. Wh oshould we vote out tonight? Cuffs Alister: Grundor’s Tower? Snd I will Vision BronyHeresy: Leah Goodwin. Sound Good?

Jsmkd

Back to top Go down

Post by Grisamentum Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:17 pm

What is your reasoning for voting out Cuffs? Also, what could he know that he isn't saying/why would his behavior (while odd) peg him as a the Symp?

Grisamentum

Back to top Go down

Post by Jsmkd Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:33 pm

For cuffs there is no reason. We do not want to hit someone that is being to helpful yet. That way people could target them as zombies trying to lead the cave. has for dysole when he is on the good side he has a whole block of text to help every role. tells them the best thing they can do and how to do it. he dose not do that when he is on the bad side. There is no reason to talk to him about it, but we can try to find out who is the symp.

Jsmkd

Back to top Go down

Post by Grisamentum Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:02 pm

Sounds good to me then.

Grisamentum

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing 2 Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:05 pm

Just to make sure: I pretend to be Empath and say that I was Visioned and will not reveal my Vis's name.

In other news, I don't think it will be too hard to get I LIKE TAU!: Scholar and Zebulin: Miti Mumway voted off in the next couple days. Those seem like options that don't incriminate us.

Thing 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jsmkd Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:52 pm

You make up an Empath. The empath got the vision of you as a normal warrior. Then not give his name to anyone. Then I will Fake the Visionary.

Jsmkd

Back to top Go down

Post by Jsmkd Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:57 pm

If voteing out Cuffs Alister: Grundor’s Tower, And I will Vision BronyHeresy: Leah Goodwin as aNormal warrior Sounds good. I will PM them in at 7:30pm EST.

Jsmkd

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing 2 Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:03 pm

Sounds good. You guys are doing great. Sorry I got voted out, Embarassed , that strategy has really never been a problem before.

Thing 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jsmkd Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:08 pm

there was nothing you could do about it. But its all good. We will make it work. You were seen a normal warrior so now some will trust you and hopefully I can get some to trust me being the visionary. Then we can run the cave in to the ground.

Jsmkd

Back to top Go down

Post by Grisamentum Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:13 pm

Thing 2, if the real empath uses their power, won't they find out the person who contacted you is a fake/that you are a zombie and not to be trusted?

Grisamentum

Back to top Go down

Post by Jsmkd Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:16 pm

They will know but the rest of the cave will not. then no one will know who the real one is. We want the cave to be as clueless as they can be. And the empath can not tell anyone until they find a normal warrior. so we have until at least night 2 to make people think that Thing 2 empath is real.

Jsmkd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Squirrel Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:27 pm

Hey all, really sorry for my absence, I have been traveling and just got back today. Any chance you could get me up to speed really quickly?

Sgt. Squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing 2 Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:14 pm

You should read the whole thing when you get a chance, but basically Miti Mumway railed against the Scholar for a while before he and Leah voted for her, Dysole started a bandwagon for me for reasons that I still have a problem with, a bunch of votes got thrown down (including a couple for Miti Mumway), and I died. Then we killed Grundor's Tower, I pretended to have been seen by an Empath, Bellor pretended to be a Visionary and contacted Leah (who had volunteered as mouthpiece), Dysole revealed that a Visionary had contacted him and voted for Smeege, the tree voted for the Scholar again, and now we're into voting.

Thing 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing 2 Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:17 pm

Also I think the tree is roled since he seems to be trying really hard to get people voted out for no reason e.g. doesn't want to get voted out himself. Just a suspicion. Also we shouldn't ignore the possibility that Dysole is Vis.

Thing 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum